28 C
Monday, July 22, 2024

Elephant dies of electrocution in Nagaon

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

NAGAON, Nov 9 (PTI): An adult elephant died due to electrocution when it strayed into a locality in Assam’s Nagaon district on Tuesday, forest officials said.
The carcass of the pachyderm was first spotted by locals at Barhola village, they said.
The elephant died due to electrocution after coming in contact with a high-voltage wire that was hanging low, they added.
The post-mortem of the carcass was conducted, and it was buried by forest officials with the help of locals.

- Advertisement -
The Hills Times
The Hills Timeshttps://www.thehillstimes.in/
Welcome to The Hills Times, your trusted source for daily news and updates in English from the heart of Assam, India. Since our establishment in 2000, we've been dedicated to providing timely and accurate information to our readers in Diphu and Guwahati. As the first English newspaper in the then undemarcated Karbi Anglong district, we've forged a strong connection with diverse communities and age groups, earning a reputation for being a reliable source of news and insights. In addition to our print edition, we keep pace with the digital age through our website, https://thehillstimes.in, where we diligently update our readers with the latest happenings day by day. Whether it's local events, regional developments, or global news, The Hills Times strives to keep you informed with dedication and integrity. Join us in staying ahead of the curve and exploring the world through our lens.
Latest news
- Advertisement -
Related news
- Advertisement -