DIBRUGARH, June 7: Fire broke out at the transformer of Dibrugarh Cancer Care Centre on Wednesday morning.
The incident took place at the electric transformer of the hospital at around 4:00 am. The highly sophisticated indoor type dry transformer is located in the hospital building. It has been suspected that due to a short circuit, the incident occurred.
The fire brigade managed to douse the fire. No injury has been reported so far and patients are said to be safe.
The cancer hospital located at the Assam Medical College Campus is being run by the Assam Cancer Care Foundation. It was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on April 28, 2022 in presence of eminent industrialist Ratan Tata and many other dignitaries.