34 C
Sunday, June 4, 2023

Elephant dies of electrocution in Nagaon

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

NAGAON, Nov 9 (PTI): An adult elephant died due to electrocution when it strayed into a locality in Assam’s Nagaon district on Tuesday, forest officials said.
The carcass of the pachyderm was first spotted by locals at Barhola village, they said.
The elephant died due to electrocution after coming in contact with a high-voltage wire that was hanging low, they added.
The post-mortem of the carcass was conducted, and it was buried by forest officials with the help of locals.

- Advertisement -
Avatar photo
The Hills Timeshttps://www.thehillstimes.in/
The Hills Times, a largely circulated English daily published from Diphu and printed in Guwahati, having vast readership in hills districts of Assam, and neighbouring Nagaland, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh and Manipur.
Latest news
- Advertisement -
Related news
- Advertisement -