28 C
Guwahati
Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Food Poisoning In West Karbi Anglong

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

HT Bureau

KHERONI: 50 villagers in West Karbi Anglong were taken ill after eating prasad served at a puja in the village. As per reports, Manasa puja was held at the residence of Rajesh Bey in Langmepi village, under Kheroni police station in West Karbi Anglong,

- Advertisement -

on Monday. After eating the prasad consisting of Bengal gram, more than 50 villagers fell sick last evening.

The villagers suspected that the Bengal gram may be contaminated with poison. Among the victims are men, women, children, and senior citizens. All the affected were taken to hospitals by their respective families.

- Advertisement -
The Hills Times
The Hills Timeshttps://www.thehillstimes.in/
The Hills Times, a largely circulated English daily published from Diphu and printed in Guwahati, having vast readership in hills districts of Assam, and neighbouring Nagaland, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh and Manipur.
Latest news
- Advertisement -
Related news
- Advertisement -