STAFF REPORTER
GUWAHATI, Jan 10: The National Investigation Agency has filed a supplementary chargesheet against two more individuals in connection with the 2024 Assam Independence Day IED seizure case, taking the total number of accused in the matter to five, officials said on Saturday.
The supplementary chargesheet was submitted before a special NIA court in Guwahati on Friday, naming Bhargab Gogoi and Sumu Gogoi.
Both are residents of Assam’s Dibrugarh district and were arrested by the NIA in June 2025.
The central agency had taken over the investigation from the Dispur police in September 2024.
According to investigators, the two accused allegedly provided terror funding to Jahnu Boruah, who has already been chargesheeted in the case.
Boruah had earlier confessed to planting four of the 11 improvised explosive devices recovered by police across Assam in August 2024.
The NIA said the IEDs were planted as part of a protest and boycott call issued by ULFA (Independent) chief Paresh Baruah ahead of Independence Day.
The case relates to an alleged conspiracy by the banned outfit ULFA(I) to wage war against the Government of India through coordinated IED blasts at multiple locations in the state.
The case was initially registered by the Assam Police at Dispur police station before being transferred to the NIA for further investigation.






