DIBRUGARH, JULY 26: Two persons were injured in a fire incident which engulfed one shop cum residential building at New Market area in Dibrugarh on Monday.
Sources said that a fire broke out at around 1.30 am at New Market in Dibrugarh on Monday.
According to sources, one Shiv Shankar Store cum residence building was gutted in the fire. Two persons were injured in the incident and they were admitted at the hospital.
“At around 1.30 pm, a fire broke out in the store. Three people jumped out from their residence. One of them injured his leg while jumping from his one storey house. No casualty has been reported in the fire incident,” a local resident said.
He said, “A cylinder was blasted which spread the fire in the area. Our wall was damaged due to the cylinder blast.”
Fire services and the SDRF team reached the spot and controlled the fire.
“This was the third fire incident within one year. During the night a fire broke out in our area. But we do not know the exact reason for the fire. It has been suspected that due to short circuit fire broke out in the store but during night the power load was low,” said another resident.
Dibrugarh superintendent of police, Shwetank Mishra said, “Two people were injured in the fire incident and they are undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Dibrugarh. The fire was under control.”