By: Dr Deepti Gambhir
Monsoon brings with it relief from heat waves as well as illnesses. The high moisture content in the air enables harmful microorganisms to thrive, resulting in the transmission of a number of diseases.
Your risk of being exposed to multiple viruses, bacteria, and other infections is two times higher during the monsoon than in any other season.
The most common diseases during monsoons are transmitted through 4 major mediums: mosquitoes, water, air, and contaminated food.
There is doctor in our body to heal by fighting viruses and bacteria known as IgG, IgM, Helper T cells, Macrophages, if there is alteration in these immunity fighters may be because of stress, change in weather or any external or internal cause then immunity falls short later bacteria and viruses overpower to cause diseases.
Some recovers its own after period of 3-5days, those who don’t get the symptoms of high grade fever, headaches, bodyache, rashes, weakness, dullness accompanied with vomitting, nausea, diarrhoea, joint pains, etc.
Anyone can be at risk of all these illnesses but children are more prone due to developing immunity.
The most common Monsoon related diseases are:
- Mosquito borne diseases like malaria, dengue, chikungunia
- Water borne diseases like typhoid, cholera, leptospirosis, jaundice, gastrointestinal infections, hepatitis A.
- Air-borne diseases like cold & flu, influenza.
- Contaminated food by not keeping cleanliness.
What precautions to be taken for prevention of the diseases?
- Use mosquito nets in your house.
- Don’t allow water to stagnate or collect anywhere in and around the house.
- Maintain hygiene and wash your bathrooms regularly.
- Use mosquito repellents/creams before stepping out of the house.
- Always boil water and wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly before consumption.
- Keep your foods covered at all times and avoid consumption of outside food.
- Ensure personal and environmental hygiene is maintained at all times.
- Cover your mouth and nose while coughing or sneezing.
- Drink warm water every few hours and carry your own boiled drinking water.
- Keep your children away from people who are already infected and ensure they wash their hands and feet thoroughly once home from outdoors.
- Ensure your homes are well- ventilated at all times.
Not every person or child suffers from illness due to change in weather but it affects those with low immunity esp. in children and old individuals.
Here comes the Aid of Homoeopathy, it cures the diseases by improving immunity by making balance of immune cells, and give the push to the individual to heal themselves.
Homeopathy is gentle, safe, rapid and gives permanent cure.
It is a myth that Homoeopathy takes time and don’t act during acute illnesses, in fact it cures much faster than any other Pathy with feeling of wellness.
We at Holistic Cure Homoeopathic Clinic, takes detail history including mental and physical sphere then medicine is prescribed which is most similar to the patient, so each child or person has different medicine based on symptom similarity. For example Arsenic album is thought to be given for cold and cough, but it will act on those individuals who have symptoms of it, else it won’t act.
So, we at Holistic Cure Homoeopathic Clinic choose medicine wisely and prescribe it.
Here are some common remedies one can give if symptoms of person matches with remedy:-
- Arsenic album – Great prostration, mental restlessness, anxious and fearful with burning pains, great thirst for cold water, aggravation midnight, better by heat in general.
- Belladona – Redness of face and eyes, sensitive to draft of air, tonsils become inflamed after riding in cold air, congestive headaches.
- Calcarea Carb – Timid, tired easily, flabby muscles, sweat easily, and takes cold readily, coldness of single parts, sensitive to cold damp air, delayed dentition.
- Dulcamara – Catarrhal Rheumatism or skin affections, brought on or aggravated by exposure to cold, damp, rainy weather, or sudden changes in hot weather.