STAFF REPORTER
GUWAHATI, Jan 10: Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Saturday said the state government has provided government jobs to 1.56 lakh youths over the past five years and assured that all remaining recruitments would be completed by February 10, taking the total number to 1.60 lakh ahead of the elections.
The chief minister was speaking after distributing appointment letters to 6,347 Grade-III candidates selected through the Assam Direct Recruitment Examination.
He said the entire recruitment exercise had been conducted in a transparent and litigation-free manner, with no cases pending in the high court, adding that Assam’s merit-based recruitment model is now being examined by other states.
Describing the process as a reflection of clean governance, Sarma said the recruitment drive reaffirmed the government’s commitment to integrity, transparency and fairness in public appointments.
Congratulating the newly recruited candidates, he said their selection through a merit-based system underscored the importance of honesty and accountability on the part of both the employer and employees.
The chief minister urged the new appointees to refrain from any form of wrongdoing in their official careers and called upon them to act as anti-corruption crusaders within the government system.
He also appealed to them to remain humble and sensitive to the needs of the poor and weaker sections of society.
Emphasising teamwork in governance, Sarma encouraged the recruits to imbibe the spirit of ‘Team Assam’ and contribute towards bringing positive changes in the state administration. He further advised them to present a gift to their parents with their first salary and, if possible, to support namghars and other institutions of faith in their localities with their subsequent earnings.






