IMPHAL, Sept 14: Around 100 people including children fell sick due to high fever, vomiting and diarrhoea in a case of suspected food poisoning.
Official reports said that the sick people from Tungjoy village of Senapati district in Manipur were rushed to primary health centres at Tungjoy and Paomata villages.
They fell sick after consuming the food served at a birthday party on Tuesday, the report said.
Villagers said that after the birthday party, the people who consumed the food there started suffering experiencing high fever, body ache, vomiting and diarrhoea.
They suspected a certain food item could be the cause of the food poisoning.
Another report said that a team of officials of the Food Safety Authority under the Health department rushed to the village to investigate the alleged food poisoning case.
Meanwhile, some of the sick persons were discharged after their condition improved even as most of them were still in the hospitals.
Doctors and nurses of the hospitals are closely monitoring their health conditions, the report added. (NNN)